Soft-Boiled Eggs with Waffle Soldiers and Fish Cakes
Prep time: 20min
Cooking time: 35min
For a fun veggie twist, serve the soft-boiled eggs with blanched asparagus or carrot sticks for dipping.
Fish Cakes 600 g
3 (225g) large frozen waffles, thawed
1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
12 (600g) Sea Harvest Fish Cakes
1½ C (100g) cocktail tomatoes, halved
1½ C (150g) white cheddar, diced
1½ C (360g) avocado, diced
handful small basil leaves
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp (30ml) white wine vinegar
6 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Brush the waffles with the oil, on both sides, and slice them into 1.5cm thick fingers. Arrange the waffle pieces on the tray and bake, 10 minutes. Turn each waffle finger over and bake until golden and crisp, 5-8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- When the waffle fingers are done, turn the oven heat up to 200 °C. Arrange the Sea Harvest Fish Cakes on a baking tray and bake until golden and crisp, 15-20 minutes.
- Combine the tomato, cheddar, avocado and basil and season to taste. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Pour the vinegar into a medium-sized saucepan filled with water. Bring up to a gentle simmer; gently add in the eggs and boil 6 minutes. For a medium-boiled egg boil for 8 minutes and for a hard-boiled egg boil for 10-12 minutes. Cool the eggs in cold water, 2 minutes. Dry the eggs and serve in egg cups.
- Serve the boiled eggs with the crisply baked waffle fingers for dipping. Serve the Sea Harvest Fish Cakes and tomato salsa on the side.