Seafood Curry with Coriander Yoghurt
A fragrant Durban style curry.
For The Curry
4 tbsp canola oil (and extra if needed)
1 Large onion, roughly chopped
4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 cm piece of ginger, skinned and finely grated
1 Red chilli, split down the middle
2 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
2 tbsp cumin seeds, crushed
2 tbsp mustard seeds, crushed
2 tsp black pepper seeds, crushed
1 tbsp sea salt
4 tbsp tomato paste
500 ml buttermilk
½ cup of water
Salt to taste
400 g Sea Harvest Seafood mix
4 tbsp. roughly chopped coriander
For The Coriander Yoghurt
2 cups double cream yoghurt
4 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
1 tsp toasted cumin seeds, crushed
4 Buttery Rotis to serve
1. Heat the oil over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and sauté until the onions are perfectly cooked without becoming charred.
3. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and simmer for 1 minute or until fragrant.
4. Add the remaining spices and stir through until toasted.
5. Stir the tomato paste into the spices, then add the buttermilk and simmer gently over a low heat for 20 minutes with the lid on.
6. If the mixture reduces too much simply add some water.
7. Add the Sea Harvest seafood mix and cook for 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander.
For the Coriander Yoghurt:
Combine the yoghurt, coriander and cumin seeds and serve on the side with the rotis.