Open Fish Sandwiches
Prep time: 30min
Cooking time: 30min
Leftover Sea Harvest Fish Fingers make for a great sandwich filling the following day, or simply pack them as a high protein lunchbox-filler with some tomato sauce for dipping.
Fish Fingers 400 g
For the sandwich:
⅓ C (80ml) olive oil
8 slices ciabatta bread
salt and pepper
16 (400g) Sea Harvest Fish Fingers
For the chips:
2 (100 g) medium potatoes
sunflower oil, for deep-frying
For the tartare sauce:
⅓ C (180ml) double cream yoghurt
½ C (125ml) French mayonnaise
½ large onion, chopped
3 dill cucumbers, chopped
4 tsp (20ml) lime juice
1 Tbsp (15ml) chopped parsley
salt and pepper
120g butter lettuce
2 C (100g) cucumber, finely diced
handful basil leaves (optional)
8 lime wedges (optional)
- To prepare the sandwich, preheat the oven to 200 °C. Brush the ciabatta slices on both sides with oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Season lightly and bake until golden and crisp, 10-12 minutes.
- Arrange Sea Harvest Fish Fingers on a baking tray and bake until golden and crisp, 12-15 minutes.
- For the chips, thinly slice the potatoes into paper-thin rounds. A mandolin or very sharp chef’s knife works best. Dry the potato rounds on a clean kitchen towel to remove any moisture. Heat the oil to 180 °C and fry the chips in batches until golden and crisp, 3-5 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper and season lightly.
- To prepare the tartare sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until fine. Season to taste.
- To serve, spread a generous dollop of the tartare sauce on one side of each slice of crisp ciabatta. Add some lettuce and 2 Sea Harvest Fish Fingers to each sandwich. Top with tartare sauce, cucumber and add a basil leaf or two.
- Serve with the chips and lime wedges on the side.