Haddock Mac & Cheese with cauliflower and broccoli
Hearty comfort food, perfect for cold nights.
Haddock Steaks 500 g
Sea Harvest Haddock Steaks 500 g
500 ml milk
- Simmer milk and haddock steaks for 10 minutes, remove the haddock and flake into a buttered oven dish, keeping the milk aside.
- Boil 250 g macaroni for 2 minutes less than the time on the packaging, drain and add to the oven dish.
- Blanch cauliflower and broccoli for 1 minute and place in the oven dish.
- Prepare sauce by melting 50 g of butter in a pan, add 25 g flour to form a paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the poaching liquid, stir well.
- Once combined, add 100 g grated cheddar, season and stir well.
- Pour sauce over all ingredients in oven dish and stir.
- Prepare topping by mixing 75 g of panko breadcrumbs with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle half over the pasta.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, top with the rest of the breadcrumbs and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.