Fish ‘n Chips in a Baguette Basket
Carbo-loading? Need comfort food? Or just want something ﬁlling to keep you on the go? This ﬁsh and chips recipe is delicious and mess-free. Perfect for a quick lunch.
Crisp & Chunky - Lemon
1 crispy Baguette
500g Box Sea Harvest Crisp and Chunky Hake portions
Ready-made Tartar Sauce or good Mayonnaise
Oven Bake Chips
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Lemon wedges for garnish
- Cut your baguette in two.
- Create baskets out of the baguette halves by compressing the soft bread gently towards the crust.
- Bake two Crisp and Chunky Hake portions. One for each basket.
- Fry or bake a handful of chips for each ﬁllet.
- When ready, spread the tartar sauce or mayo onto the sides of the basket.
- Pop the Crisp and Chunky Hake portions into the middle of the basket. Arrange the chips around the fish.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a wedge of lemon.
- Place in your lunch box or a lunch wrap – and off you go!