FISH FINGER SANDWICH WITH ASIAN COLESLAW
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
We’ve taken the classic fish finger sarmie to the next level with fresh Asian slaw and a punchy wasabi cream dressing.
Fish Fingers 600 g
16 Sea Harvest Fish Fingers
8 slices of sourdough bread
a handful of wild rocket
For Wasabi Mayo
¾ cup (180 ml) mayonnaise
2-3 tbsp (30-45 ml) wasabi paste (add more if you like it punchier)
a squeeze of fresh lime juice
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
For Asian Slaw
100 g thinly sliced red cabbage
100 g thinly sliced green cabbage
1 medium carrot, grated
2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
3 tbsp (45 ml) black sesame seeds, toasted
2 tbsp (30 ml) Soy sauce
1 tbsp (15 ml) pickled ginger, finely chopped + extra for serving
1 garlic clove, finely chopped/micro-planed
Mix the ingredients for the wasabi mayo together, check the seasoning and adjust and then set aside.
- Before you start prepping the slaw, preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cabbage, grated carrot, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds (reserve the third tablespoon for garnish), soy sauce, ginger and garlic and mix well to combine. Cover and chill the coleslaw until needed.
- When the oven is at temperature, bake the fish fingers until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Spread a generous layer of wasabi mayo on both sides of the bread. Layer some coleslaw on the base then top with fish fingers, 4 per sandwich.
- Top with a little more coleslaw, wild rocket and extra pickled ginger (if prefered). Garnish with a sprinkle of the remaining black sesame seeds. Finish with the top slice of bread and serve.