Fish Burgers with Star Shaped Sweet Potato Chips
In 1962 in Cincinnati, a hamburger joint noticed that their meaty burgers didn’t sell well on Fridays, in their predominantly Catholic neighbourhood. So they created a burger with white fish and a slice of cheese… And the fish burger was born! Today, more than 300 million fish burgers are sold a year. Delish!
Fish Burgers 450 g
- 450 g Sea Harvest Fish Burgers
- 6 Small burger buns
- Sliced tomato
- 6 – 7 tbsp (100 ml) Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cups (500 g) Sweet potato, peeled and cut into thick slices
- Oil for deep frying
- Prepare fish according to cooking suggestions on packaging.
- Mix the mayonnaise and the sweet chilli sauce together.
- Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut the sweet potato slices into stars.
- Heat the oil to 200°C in a large pot and fry the sweet potato stars until golden brown and cooked through.
- Assemble the fish burger on small burger buns and serve with star-shaped sweet potato chips and sweet chilli mayonnaise.