Fish and Avocado Bagel Breakfast
Prep time: 25min
Cooking time: 30min
Who said you can’t have bagels for breakfast?
Fish Burgers 450 g
6 (450g) Sea Harvest Fish Burgers
1 C (250ml) plain cream cheese, at room temperature
10 basil leaves
salt and pepper
12 large eggs
⅓ C (80ml) milk
1 Tbsp (15ml) butter
3 (450g) medium avocados, diced
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Arrange the Sea Harvest Fish Burgers on a baking tray and bake until golden and crisp, 15-20 minutes.
- Slice the bagels and toast the cut-sides on a flatbed toaster or in a lightly greased pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese and basil leaves in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and season lightly. Heat the butter in a large pan over low heat. Add the eggs mixture and cook until softly curdled 6-8 minutes. Stir regularly.
- To assemble, spread the bagel halves with the cream cheese. Add a Sea Harvest Fish Burger to the base of each bagel, add a helping of scrambled egg and diced avocado. Top with the top half of the bagel.