EASY TOM YUM HAKE & NOODLE SOUP
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Craving comfort food? Dinner is served! This tom yum soup will have you coming back for seconds – it’s THAT good.
Hake Medallions 450 g
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) Tom Yum paste (or 1 pkt)
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fish sauce
- 2 C (500 ml) chicken stock
- 10 Portabellini or baby mushrooms, sliced in half or quartered
- 10 baby tomatoes, sliced
- 2 dried bricks of egg noodles, soaked according to the package instructions
- 1 box (450 g) Sea Harvest Medallions (frozen)
1 lime, quartered
2 spring onions, sliced thin (green part only)
1 red chilli, sliced
Tom Yum Soup
Heat a glug of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Add the onion and fry until it begins to soften and become translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a minute.
Add the curry paste and fry for another 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the sugar, the fish sauce and stock and stir.
Add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and simmer with
the lid on for 5 minutes. Add the Sea Harvest Medallions from frozen and simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes. Finally, add the noodles and stir to coat completely.
Serve a portion of Tom Yum soup garnished with sliced spring onion, red chilli and a squeeze of lime.