Cape Whiting Steaks Baked in a Creamy Chutney Sauce with Potato Wedges & Peas
Serves 4 – 6
Enjoy this hearty recipe that will keep your family and friends wanting more!
Cape Whiting Steaks 500 g
500 g Sea Harvest Cape Whiting Steaks
1 Medium Onion
500 ml Fresh Cream
¼ Cup Apricot Chutney
Salt & Pepper for Seasoning
50 g Chopped Sundried Apricots
Fresh Thyme for Garnish
Knob of Butter
Fresh Mint for Garnish
- To make the sauce, sauté 1 finely sliced medium onion. Add 500 ml fresh cream and ¼ cup apricot chutney, stir well.
- Let the sauce cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until it has thickened slightly, add salt, pepper and 50 g chopped sundried apricots.
- Place defrosted Cape Whiting Steaks in a casserole dish and top with the sauce, bake on 200°C for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Oven roast potato wedges with fresh thyme until crispy.
- Cook peas, season, add a knob of butter and fresh mint.
- Serve baked fish with the creamy apricot chutney sauce, a side of thyme potato wedges and minted peas.