Baked Fish in a Cheesy Pepper Sauce
With its delicate, mild flavour, Hake isn’t usually paired with cheese. Some believe the tang of cheese will overpower the fine flavour. We’ve decided to break the rules with this mouthwatering dish. Give it a try and you’ll see why fish and cheese should certainly appear on a plate together. Enjoy!
Chunky Hake Fillets 500 g
- 500 g Sea Harvest Hake fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Whole tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Green bell peppers, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (750 ml) Ready-made white sauce
- 250 g Grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place 5 fillets in a rectangular ovenproof dish and lightly season with salt and black pepper. Place sliced tomatoes, green peppers and onions on top of the fish.
- Bake for 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
- Mix the 100 g of grated cheese into the ready-made white sauce. Then pour the sauce over the fish and vegetables.
- Sprinkle the remaining 150 g grated cheddar cheese over the cheese sauce, some ground black pepper and bake for a further 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve.