Retro or timeless. Whatever you think of seafood cocktail, you can’t deny that it’s a true flavour classic. A good seafood cocktail still makes for an elegant, delicious starter today, decades after it was super fashionable. Our take on the dish is certainly not old-school. You’re going to love it.
Seafood Mix 400 g
- 400 g Seafood mix
- ½ – ¾ cup (125 – 187.5 ml) Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Sweet chilli sauce
- 3 Spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Chopped chives
- 1 Celery stalk, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the seafood until cooked through. Drain and allow to cool.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Add the cooked seafood to the sauce and stir through. Season lightly with salt and pepper as required. Chill for at least two hours before serving to allow for the flavours to combine.
- Serve chilled on a bed of lettuce or in a cocktail glass.