Smoked Haddock Frittata
Smoky Haddock forms the basis of this Italian Omelette, flavoured with garlic, onions and freshly chopped parsley and smothered with cheese. A wonderful light meal for the entire family.
Skin on, deboned hake fillets cold smoked with the finest of oak wood shavings.
Delicious Fish And Mushroom Omelette
A light and tasty omelette with a mushroom flavoured hake filling.Fresh herbs of your choice can be added e.g. chives, parsley.
What you need
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Oven Temprature: grill setting
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Spring onions, sliced
- 1 Small cooked potato, cubed
- 7.5 ml Parsley, chopped
- 2 Sea Harvest Haddock Fillets
- 62.5 ml Fresh cream
- Small onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 30 ml Olive oil
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Cook the potato either in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Cook the Haddock Fillets, according to the instructions and flake the Haddock when cooked.
- In a large non-stick frying pan heat the olive oil, add the onions and garlic.
- Cook over a medium heat. Add the potato, spring onions and stir well.
- Spread the onions, potatoes, spring onions and cooked Haddock Fillets evenly over the base of the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients and tip the pan from side to side, until you have an even layer of egg.
- Cook over a low heat for 10 - 12 minutes or until the bottom has browned and the top has just set.
- Carefully remove the Frittata from the frying pan and place on a large oiled baking tray.
- Cook under the grill until the top has browned.
- When cooked, remove Frittata from the grill and sprinkle with chopped parsley, cut into desired portions.
- Serve the Smoked Haddock Frittata immediately with a light salad and brown bread as a brunch alternative.
Did you know?
Frittata is the Italian name given to an omelette.