Hake and Nori Wraps
Serves 4 – 6
A jubilee of julienne-styled carrots, hake, shaved lettuce, cucumber and avo with spicy dipping sauce.
Hake Medallions 450 g
- 6 sheets of Nori
- 1 cup (250 ml) Shredded lettuce
- 6 Carrot shavings cut to fit a sheet of Nori
- 6 Cucumber shavings cut to fit a sheet of Nori
- 12 Slices of avocado
- 6 Sea Harvest Hake Medallions, dusted with flour and pan fried
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Finely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Roughly chopped coriander
- 1 cm Fresh ginger, cut into match sticks
- 1 Red chilli, finely shredded
- ¾ cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sesame oil
- Make one at a time by placing a sheet of Nori onto a sushi mat on a flat surface. A quarter of the way down, place some lettuce and top that with carrot, cucumber and avocado, and lastly, a hake medallion.
- Flip the top of the Nori over the hake and then fold in the sides and roll up into a cigar.
- Let the wraps rest for 5 minutes before you cut them and serve with the dipping sauce.
- The wraps can also be rolled into a cone shape.
Combine all ingredients, give the sauce a good mix and heat it gently, then let it rest for at least an hour before you need it.