Fried Fish on a Guacamole Bean Salad
Crisp polenta batter with spiced beans and the zing of lemon.
- Zest and juice of 2 fresh limes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Olive oil
- 1 medium Red onion, chopped
- 4 Firm ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ bunch Roughly chopped coriander
- ½ cup Chopped parsley
- 2 Green chillies chopped
- 1 x 400 g Red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Firm ripe avocado pears, peeled and diced at the last moment
- 400 g Sea Harvest Hake Fillets
- 2 cups (500 ml) Fine polenta
- ¾ cup (187.5 ml) Corn flour
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Eggs beaten
- Oil for frying
- Place all of the salad ingredients except the avocado into a large bowl and gently mix together, place in the fridge for an hour before serving and stir in the avocado just before serving.
- Mix together the polenta, corn flour and salt and pepper.
- Place the hake fillets in the beaten egg, then roll in the polenta and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the fillets, a few at a time, till golden on both sides.
- Serve with the guacamole bean salad and wedges of freshly cut lemon.
TIP: Fresh, lightly cooked sweetcorn added to the salad is also delicious. Make the salad first and then fry the fish.