Fish Nuggets with Zesty Mayo
Quick, easy and oh-so tasty. That’s what dusted fish nuggets are all about! These crispy on the outside and moist on the inside treats are a healthy, zesty alternative to fish fingers, making them perfect for kids… And grown-ups!
Try them tonight and watch them become an instant family hit. Superb!
Fish Nuggets 600 g
- 450 g Sea Harvest Hake Medallions, cut into small nugget shape
- 250 g Cake wheat flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Lemon Pepper seasoning
- 5 Eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) Mayonnaise
- Mix together the flour and seasoning. Whisk the eggs separately.
- First dip the fish nuggets into the eggs and then into the flour.
- Heat the oil to 180°C and fry the nuggets for 3 – 4 minutes in hot oil until cooked or until the nuggets float in the fryer. Remove from the fryer and place on a paper towel to drain off the oil.
- For the zesty mayonnaise, mix the zest, lemon juice and mayonnaise together and place in a small dipping bowl. Serve with the fish nuggets.
For quick and easy Fish Nuggets, deep fry Sea Harvest’s Fish Nuggets 600 g in oil at 180°C for 3-4 minutes.